The Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1225 is a dual-port Enhanced Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+) 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)-capable PCI Express (PCIe) card designed exclusively for Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers. With its half-height design, the card preserves full-height slots in servers for third-party adapters certified by Cisco. It incorporates next-generation converged network adapter (CNA) technology from Cisco, providing investment protection for future feature releases. The card enables a policy-based, stateless, agile server infrastructure that can present up to 256 PCIe standards-compliant interfaces to the host that can be dynamically configured as either network interface cards (NICs) or host bus adapters (HBAs). In addition, the Cisco UCS VIC 1225 supports Cisco Data Center Virtual Machine Fabric Extender (VM-FEX) technology, which extends the Cisco UCS fabric interconnect ports to virtual machines, simplifying server virtualization deployment.
- Delivers greater throughput
- Delivers 20 Gbps to the server
- Helps reduce TCO by consolidating the overall number of NICs, HBAs, cables, and switches because LAN and SAN traffic run over the same adapter card and fabric
- Creates fully functional unique and independent PCIe adapters and interfaces without requiring single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) support from OSs or hypervisors
- Allows these virtual interfaces and adapters to be configured and operated independently, just like physical interfaces and adapters
- Creates a highly flexible I/O environment needing only one card for all I/O configurations
- Unifies virtual and physical networking in a single infrastructure
- Provides virtual machine visibility from the physical network and a consistent network operating model for physical and virtual servers
- Enables configurations and policies to follow the virtual machine during virtual machine migration
- Provides a pre-standard implementation of the IEEE 802.1BR Port Extender standard
- Enables the card to be centrally managed and configured by Cisco UCS Manager
- Provides a redundant path to the fabric interconnect using hardware-based fabric failover
- Provides high I/O performance for demanding applications
- Uses Priority Flow Control (PFC) to enable FCoE as part of the Cisco unified fabric
- Stateless and agile
The personality of the card is determined dynamically at boot time using the service profile associated with the server. The number, type (NIC or HBA), identity, failover policy, bandwidth, and quality-of-service (QoS) policies of the PCIe interfaces are all determined using the service profile. The capability to define, create, and use interfaces on demand provides a stateless and agile server infrastructure.
- Network interface virtualization
Each PCIe interface created on the VIC is associated with an interface on the Cisco UCS fabric interconnect, providing complete network separation for each virtual cable between a PCIe device on the VIC and the interface on the fabric interconnect.
- Cisco Data Center VM-FEX technology
Cisco Data Center VM-FEX technology extends fabric interconnect ports directly to virtual machines, eliminating software-based switching in the hypervisor. Cisco Data Center VM-FEX technology collapses virtual and physical networking infrastructure into a single infrastructure that is fully aware of the virtual machines' locations and networking policies.
|Productbeschrijving||Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card 1225 - netwerkadapter - 2 poorten|
|Interface (Bus) Type||PCI Express 2.0 x16|
|PCI specificatierevisie||PCIe 2.0|
|Afmetingen (BxDxH)||16.76 cm x 6.35 cm|
|Aantal poorten||2 poorten|
|Protocol voor gegevenskoppeling||10 GigE, 10Gb FCoE|
|Conformiteitsnormen||IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1Qbb, IEEE 802.1Qaz|